The June 12th update to Plague added a few new features, but by far the biggest improvement was fixing the crashing issues for older iDevices, particularly the 1st gen iPad. This will no doubt raise the juggernauts rating to five stars. Here are ten things we'd like to see in the next update in the app store.
10. Super fast forward - The game play is very well placed but for the more advanced players or for those caught with a slow spreading pathogen or Icelandians dying at the pace of ten per day, the option to speed up game play would be a welcome addition!
9. More countries - This will only be possible with an updated map and an improved interface that allows for easier zooming and navigation. The added complexity and DNA points would be good but its already difficult to click on some countries.
8. Targeted pathogens - We want to see a new dimension from the all or nothing approach. How about a nano-virus that must destroy Russia, without killing South Africans?
7. Region Mode - Instead of infecting the entire world, focus on a small detailed area such as Central America. Infections could transmit from city to city.
6. Increased game dynamics - Too often a single event seals your fate. New Zealand closes its port? - you might as well start the game over. Make it possible for ports to reopen and pull back the alarm, significantly slowing research etc.
5. Multiple saves - Now that the crash problems are fixed this is less of an issue but multiple saved games would be a nice convenience.
4. More random events - The bird migration events are cool but too frequent. There should be more events but more random in their effectiveness. A colder than expected summer in the southern hemisphere, a hijacked Aussie flight, a fire at the Canadian research facility - they'd all be great. Less predictable and more exciting!
3. Cure mode - turn the tables on the pathogens and invest points to stop the spread.
2. Retina graphics for the iPad - Version 1.1 brought a full iPad version but the graphics and interface still have a lot of room for improvement.
1. ZOMBIES! - The folks at Ndemic hinted at it. I'm expecting it, and soon...by the end of June soon! You heard it here first.